Sunday 1 December 2013

The Jungle Book - An interview with actress Augustina Amoa


AN INTERVIEW WITH AUGUSTINA AMOA

Hi Augustina, who do you play in The Jungle Book?
Its very fast paced so I play multiple roles as Raksha mother wolf, Mysa, mother elephant, Monkey and Messua the girl from the village.

What attracted you to the show?
I was very excited and attracted to The Jungle Book because I absolutely adored the Disney version and was very curious as to how the show was going to be put together.

What have you done in the past in your career?
My first short film I did was JUMP, a short film about bullying which got screened at the IMAX and won some awards. I then got the opportunity to play a portrait for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, it didn't make the cut but it was fun.
I then auditioned to be a dancer for Camelot the channel 4 series. The dance routine was intense for four day's but loved every minute of it. Just being in the same scene and dancing in front of Eva Green, Sinead Cusack, Joseph Fiennes and Jamie Campbell Bower was magical.

How did you get into your profession?
I got into my profession when I discovered dance age thirteen and went on to college to study Performing Arts in dance, drama and singing which then led me to drama school.

Do you have any advice for any up and coming actresses or dancers?
The advice I would give any aspiring actor,choreographer, writer, is to actively do something everyday to achieving your career. Knowing what you want to do is the easy part, achieving it is the hardest part so be active in achieving it.

What is your next project?
I will be working on Ghanian/Nollywood film called 'Stuck on You' and I will be playing Lela. The supportive best friend to the lead.


The Jungle Book runs Dec 3rd 2013 - Jan 5th 2014 at The Lion and Unicorn Theatre, London.
For more information: www.thejunglebook.eu

No comments: