Sunday 1 December 2013

The Jungle Book - An interview with choreographer Stacey Bland


AN INTERVIEW WITH STACEY BLAND

What is your role on The Jungle Book Stacey?
I'm the Assistant Director / Choreographer

What attracted you to the show?
It was a great opportunity to work on the other side of things something that I was really interested in doing and the Jungle Book is such a great story too and a lovely change to the traditional pantomime.

Who's your favourite character?
Baloo

Are you similar to him then?
Nope!

Do you have a favourite line or scene?
Any of the lines that Chuck says as the posh bird

What would you say to anyone who hasn't seen the show yet?
Miss it Miss out!

What have you done in the past in your career?
I started from a young age and wanted to experience as many different areas of the industry as possible, so I have done gigs from Cheerleader and music videos to straight plays, I welcome challenges.

How did you get into your profession?
I was doing a kids panto in Essex when Sylvia Young's sister said to my mum that I should go on her sisters agency as I'd do well, which just turned out to be the biggest kids agency and they took me on and it went from there.

Do you have any advice for someone aspiring to be in the theatrical industry?
Keep knocking down the doors. Noone comes to find you, make it happen

What are you up to when The Jungle Book ends?
I'm off to Berlin for a holiday and then we shall see when I get back.


The Jungle Book runs Dec 3rd 2013 - Jan 5th 2014 at The Lion and Unicorn Theatre, London.
For more information: www.thejunglebook.eu

No comments: