Sunday 1 December 2013

The Jungle Book - An interview with actor Yiltan Ahmet


AN INTERVIEW WITH YILTAN AHMET

Hi Yiltan, who are you playing in The Jungle Book?
I have several roles! You'll see me as Nag, Kaa, Cub, Monkey, Mao!

What attracted you to the show?
This show was a fantastic chance to show my abilities with physical theatre and comedy acting.

Who's your favourite character?
I love them all but my favourite is KAA!

Are you similar to him?
Hmm, I'd say 50/50

Do you have a favourite line or scene?
"Trust me understand?"

What would you say to anyone who hasn't seen the show yet?
Go see it and don't be scared.

What have you done in the past in your career?
One flew over the cuckoo's nest, physical theatre with trestle masks, I also studied a masters in Acting for screen at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama

How did you get into your profession?
Through Dramas classes at secondary school

What are you up to when The Jungle Book ends?
I'm looking to move into in film and television





The Jungle Book runs Dec 3rd 2013 - Jan 5th 2014 at The Lion and Unicorn Theatre, London.
For more information: www.thejunglebook.eu

No comments: